Community Resources and Referrals (coming soon)
What should I do with my scholar?
Share activities you enjoy! Hiking, cooking, crafting, eating new foods—anything that gets you having fun, connecting, and talking. Here are some more ideas.
- Discover Los Angeles – 101 Free Things To Do
- LA Weekly calendar
- Volunteer together with Big Sunday – they have a calendar of already arranged events you can join with your girl(s). A great way to share the importance of giving back.
- 63 amazing things happening in LA this December
- 12 Free things to do in LA this December
- LA Scavenger Hunt
- Rose Float Decorating
Los Angeles museums have all kinds of cultural activities, and many have free days.
- Japanese American National Museum
- Norton Simon Museum
- LACMA – Free if you’re under 18
- California African American Museum
- Museum of Latin American Art, Long Beach
- The Broad Museum
- The Getty Center and the Getty Villa
- SoCal Museums calendar of free days
Science & Nature:
- The Griffith Observatory
- JPL in Pasadena holds an annual open house
- Audubon Center at Debs Park – tend plants, count birds, and more
History and Culture:
Building Relationships: A Guide for New Mentors – one of many helpful resources available from the National Mentoring Resource Center.
Advice about college from first-generation-students
What’s going on in the world today:
Tickets to plays, musicals, and other events: